what is php?

Salem commented: What's a search engine? What's an OFF button (press it now) -4

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

plz tell me :-

(1) Who to learn php and how to install php in computer?
(2) Any editor are use for php?
(3) what is dreamwerver?

You must have a computer with an internet connection, otherwise you couldn't post here. Maybe you could try to use Google and search yourself.

PHP is a server side Pink Hypertext Preprocessor. Basically php processes content stored on the server before it is presented to the user. To get php you can google xampp or wamp and will allow you to view php files on your computer. As for dreamweaver, don't use it.

Member Avatar for Elemen7s

Why dreamweaver shouldn't be used ?

Because it adds code that is not necessary ?

Why dreamweaver shouldn't be used ?

Because it adds code that is not necessary ?

You did answer your own question. But there is more. There are things possible with PHP that you can't do with programs like dreamweaver.

dreamweaver lets you do anything that someone else has already thought of and programmed in.
Not using dreamweaver, lets you do anything that someone else has already thought of, and anything that no-one else has thought of yet

as for the rest of it tutorial

Can I ask you what program do you use ?

Notepad++ ?

Can I ask you what program do you use ?

Notepad++ ?

I write my PHP code mainly on a Linux machine and use Quanta+ for it. Sometimes when I edit PHP under Windows I use HTML-Kit or the default Windows notepad. But Quanta is a lot better.

I have a simple portable ide (devphp from sourceforge) installed on a thumbdrive to take to clients offices, they like the image of being able to display php changes locally, but code in notepad++ when actually working

Thanks for posting, both of you.

Im still a student and need to know some tactics in real life, not how we are thought at school.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.