ASP.NET Web Project... "Not Web Application", though it might not matter.

Normal MasterPage - > Site.Master
Forms Authentication Enabled in the Web.Config file

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="/Account/Login.aspx" name="aspNetForm" cookieless="UseCookies" domain="www.localitgeeks.com" path="/" defaultUrl="Default.aspx" slidingExpiration="true" timeout="30"/>
</authentication>
<authorization>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>

Ok so that is the Web.config goo for ya. Please pay close attention to where my Login.aspx page is; Yes it is in the Account directory. Should not be a huge issue right??

Well this is where my day has gone to hell and I want my 6 hours or so back..

In the head of the master page, thow a bit of Jquery in like so.

<head runat="server">
    <script src="Scripts/jquery-1.4.2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        $(document).ready(function () {
            alert('test');
        });
    </script>
    <title></title>
    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="head" runat="server">
    </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
</head>

Now pop a LoginStatus control in the place holder, one gets generated for ya when you create the master page, and then generate a content page...

Everything looks good, we tell the content page to default to the Masters content etc...

Make a Login.aspx page in the Account folder as I mentioned earlier.. This is where we are going to land when we click the LoginStatus control...

Remeber that jQuery code from eralier? Yes the code in the head tag on the master page.... Well it is now broken!!! No postback, no slap in the face notta....

Any takers on this one??? if you are bored and have no life like me then please help me figure out this nuts issue... Yes, I have goggled the whole Internet already so don't respond with the ususal smart azz, we aint going to do it for ya goo.... LOL

Thanks guys and gals....

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

>Please pay close attention to where my Login.aspx page is; Yes it is in the Account directory. Should not be a huge issue right??

No. Read more about Location element.

Not an issue with the location setting in the web.config. I ended up solving this problem however. It was an issue with the app pool actually. go figure on that one eh.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.