i want to know if i can access a microsoft access database remotely,if i have dynamic ip address but if i register in dyndns that gives me a domain name by updating my dynamic ip address each time i connect to internet.pls give me a sample only how can i access a microsoft access database remotely and what i need in client and in server side to do.as iis,....
thanks for corporation
best regards

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

i appreciate ur response,i want to access my access database to retrive record remotely using oledb connection in asp.net or vb.net EX oledB connection string(Provider=MS Remote; Remote Server=http://220.226.148.64; Remote Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=D:\pos.mdb;Persist Security Info=False")
i want to know if it is possible if i have dynamic ip address but registered in dyndns which assign a domain name to my ip address.
i want a sample if it is possible.
thanks for any respoonse
best regards

first of all you need to set up a network connection like in the said link

Or goto your ISP and get a WAN connection.

Ofcourse its possible.

thanks again for responding.
I will tell you,i have registered in dyndns.my internet connection is solved because i have accessed my computer through vpn by using this domain name.i have internet connection using usb modem not through router so i donºt need to open any port.
example:
con.ConnectionString = "Provider=MS Remote; Remote Server=http://X.X.X.X; Remote Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=c:\\yy\\XXX.mdb;Persist Security Info=False";

the 3 questions that rise here:
1. can i substitute the static ip address(colored above) with the name being registered in dyndns.
2.what i need to do to my web server iis to allow access to database through oledb connection.
3.i write the script in a simple notepad text,i donºt want to use visual studio.net,
i think it is enough to have .net platform on the computer running the .aspx application.
isnºt it

best regards

test it.
I don't see any reason why it won't work just like that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.