I am trying to set up a java server page and mysql. I have installed jdk and all of the neccessary tools and drivers. I am using Tomcat for the servlet container. I have also set up an account with a password on mysql. I think that the only issue that stands in the way is setting the classpath for the database driver. What jar file is it supposed to point to? This is what I have downloaded for a driver.

mysql-connector-java-2.0.14

This is the classpath I have set

CLASSPATH=C:/mm.mysql-connector-2.0.6.1.jar;C:\tomcat\common\lib\servlet
.jar;C:\tomcat\common\lib\mm.mysql-connector-2.0.6.1.jar;C:\tomcat\common\lib\my
sql-connector-java-2.0.14-bin.jar;.

I am not sure if I am still missing anything. I still get this error. I can compile .jsp files with no problem but when I try to access a database it just wont work. What is the correct jar file it needs to point to? This one

mm.mysql-connector-2.0.6.1.jar or this one

mysql-connector-java-2.0.14-bin.jar;. I am really getting confused here.

This is the error I recieve.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

Could someone help? I would like the full classpath in detail if possible.

Below is the code I am trying to use.

<%@ page language="java" import="java.sql.*" contentType="text/html;charset=KSC5601" %>
<%

Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstance();
    String url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/wrox";
    Connection Conn=DriverManager.getConnection(url,"rob","ropo2121");

Statement stmt = Conn.createStatement();
 ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery("select * from books");
 if (!rs.next()) {
   out.println("empty~~~");
 } else {
   out.println(rs.getString(1));
 }
 stmt.close();
 Conn.close();
%>

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I think that correct driver name is com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

<%

String url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/database_name?user=user_name&password=type_password&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=8859_1";
Connection conn= DriverManager.getConnection(url);

Statement stmt=conn.createStatement();
%>
like that it goes.........

Hop it will help u.......

<%

String url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/database_name?user=user_name&password=type_password&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=8859_1";
Connection conn= DriverManager.getConnection(url);

Statement stmt=conn.createStatement();
%>
like that it goes.........

Hop it will help u.......

That is the old MySQL driver, and is only still present in the distribution for backwards compatability. Use, as the first reply indicated, com.mysql.jdbc.Driver instead of org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

Edit: Also, remove all of that scriptlet stuff out of that JSP. It does not belon there. Put it into a bean or some other external object. Anywhere but as a scriptlet in the JSP.

Edit Again:

And DAMN, I didn't notice that this was some ancient post reanimated every two years.

nikhita. The OP made the post four years ago. And the last reply before yours (and mine, unfortunately) was two years ago. I don't think anybody is waiting on an answer anymore.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.