I have tried whatever I can but i'm yet to find a definition I can understand.
Would anyone try to "educate" me on what is enterprise java beans?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

EJB the name itself has definition...

Enterprise Java Bean..

what is an Enterprise application..

it is a large scale application..

this application needs remote object(Remote method invocation),session(staeful,stateless),data persistence(entity bean),concurrent transaction(JTA),object serialization(Value Object or JTO),security(JCE,JAAS)..

these are all fulfilled by EJB..

this EJB specification in MVC is decoupling business logic from presentation layer....

you should go through EJB by surfing the google..

EJB the name itself has definition...

Enterprise Java Bean..

what is an Enterprise application..

it is a large scale application..

this application needs remote object(Remote method invocation),session(staeful,stateless),data persistence(entity bean),concurrent transaction(JTA),object serialization(Value Object or JTO),security(JCE,JAAS)..

these are all fulfilled by EJB..

this EJB specification in MVC is decoupling business logic from presentation layer....

you should go through EJB by surfing the google..

So what exactly is EJB? I know the definition, but I can't get what exactly is! Is it the framework?

So what exactly is EJB? I know the definition, but I can't get what exactly is! Is it the framework?

EJB (Enterpries Java Beans) is a specification drafted for creating "re-usable" business components, in the same way as "Servlet Specification" is used for creating "web components". Think of it as something which enables you develop and package your critical business functionality. The underlying mechanism uses a binary protocol (RMI/IIOP though I'm not sure) as opposed to the verbose and textual HTTP protocol.

A lot of smart people have debated over the uses/mis-uses of EJB; even I could have written down a couple of things but in the end it would just confuse you if you have just started with Java. I'd recommend staying away from EJB's unless you are pretty comfortable with other "more" useful things like the core language, servlet specification etc. :)

E it would just confuse you if you have just started with Java. I'd recommend staying away from EJB's unless you are pretty comfortable with other "more" useful things like the core language, servlet specification etc. :)

It have already confused me :)

I will stay away from it for now.
Thanks everyone

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.