Hi... Am new to .net here. Hope am posting the question under the right category... My requirement is as follows:

I have a gridview which is visible with an empty row on page load. It has four columns of which the first column is a text box item template. The rest 3 are bound fields. Now, when I enter a valid data in the text box(for eg, an employee ID)and hit the enter key, the rest of the fields must be bound to the grid. All four columns are available in a table in the back end. I have used a datatable and made the gridview datasource as the datatable. Am using a stored procedure to bind the data.. Using SQL Server 2008(.Net 3.5 framework). Kindly help... Im totally blank right now...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i am giving Hint........

just Enable AutoPostBack Proprty of TextBox...

create TextBox1_TextChanged Event (double click on text box it automatic create)

and now write down code for other 3 are bound fields.in TextBox1_TextChanged method....

when u press enter in textbox than this code is exacuted....

Patel Rikin
patelriki13@gmail.com

RSSClient oRSSClient = new RSSClient(TextBox1.Text);
       RadGrid1.DataSource = oRSSClient.Items;
       RadGrid1.DataBind();
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.