I've got an insert statement where there is a memo field that can easily contain quotes or single quotes or apostrophes. I cannot get it to insert I have tried with replacing the aposatrophe with a \', doesn't like it i have also tried

if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()==1) {

$notes = stripslashes(ereg_replace('"','"',$_POST["other_notes"])) ;

} else {

$notes = addslashes ( $string );

}

the following is the sql statement:

Insert into lead_lines(empID, leadID, date_, notes) VALUES(1,14,'8/19/2005',' 

This guy seems like a real easy going dude. Might've been high when he ordered.')

How can I make the database except this???
It's stressing me out.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Do you have phpMyAdmin? If so I would make an insert with that and make sure you use your single or double quotes, which ever you want. - And see how it does the job. It will make the insert and show the query that was used

I appreciate your answer. Although I have done that to test the sql statement. The thing is I need this to be able to be done on the page itself. It's an intranet system where employees can insert new customers and search for them etc.. If I can't do this on the page itself it's pointless.

So are your employees using a form that you made? I hope their not allowed to make the query theirselves.

So if your using a form, you'll just have to format the string to be exactly what the phpmyadmin gave you

I have it figured out. the answer is the following:
$squo = " ' ' ";
$specs = stripslashes(ereg_replace(" ' ", $squo, $_POST["specs"]));

p.s. no i don't have phpmyadmin, because i'm using php with an Access 200 db.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.