Although my server has php memory allocation of 64MB I get

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 311296 bytes) in /home/kasey/public_html/Create/wp-includes/class-simplepie.php on line 4186

in my dashboard for WP/buddypress combination blog.
I re-installed buddypress.WP won't allow a re-install despite the fact that it is version 3.01 indicating out of memory allocation in

http.php.

I cannot simply delete

simplepie.php

nor

simplePie-for-wordpress.php

without a crash.
Replacing the

simplepie.php

and

class-simplepie.php

has made no difference.Adding suggested codes from buddypress forum into either file or into php.ini either changes nothing or causes a

kses.php

error or a blog crash.
Is this an Apache problem ?Can I add server-parse extension php to Apache without compromising the server ?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I should add that Word Press will not accept simplepie core files without crashing and the "simplepie dot inc" file that i placed in with the plugins does nothing.That is supposed to be the correct library file.
If I need

include('simplepie.inc');

where exactly do I place that line ?

what are you trying to do?
Please explain what that pie of cake is

Simplepie handles RSS which includes dashboard updates to some degree,and listings in the dashboard for WordPrees News,New Plugins and updates Backlinks list to the site.Some outgoing RSS works fine.

Thank you for the link in your response chrishea
However:

I have tried all the suggestions (except activating the ion_cube loader which only the server master can do in my case).made at the above linked forum and none worked.I already have the site on a server that allocates 64 MB for php.

One suggestion for adding

ini_set('memory_limit','64M');

into the wp-include/cache.php could work but adding it to the bottom or the top of the file caused a total fault in the dashboard and when trying to log back into my blog ( a members only site for the buddypress features)..The site loaded with the inserted line (above Code) at the top of the page.
Do I insert that line "Inside" the php that is written in cache.php ,and where exactly ?

you must request the server admin to higher the memory_limit so as for you to execute properly your script....

My server memory limit for php is already set at 64MB.That is more than what thae combined php files are requesting.

pls increase the memory limit

ini_set('memory_limit','128M');

if it is not working pls increase it in php.ini

This is Very Normal Error This is Error Comes Due to the Full of Memory Means Your Computer's Memory is Full.You have to Remove the Temporary Files,Cookies,Browsing History and also Recycle Bin Form the Your Computer.You can Manually Delete it or You can Use any Software like the Ccleaner.It will Delete the all this things with the Single Click.

This is Very Normal Error This is Error Comes Due to the Full of Memory Means Your Computer's Memory is Full.You have to Remove the Temporary Files,Cookies,Browsing History and also Recycle Bin Form the Your Computer.You can Manually Delete it or You can Use any Software like the Ccleaner.It will Delete the all this things with the Single Click.

This has nothing to do with the ops original question. Period.
Besides those things all exist in storage (the harddrive) not in memory (ram).

pls increase the memory limit

if it is not working pls increase it in php.ini

I've tried that but it did not resolve the problem, not even at 256 MB.
The Fatal Error does not imply actually being out of memory but rather that a "loop is being created at a fraction of the allocated memory when reaching a closing action bracket "}" in the class-simplepie.php file .This file is not corrupted and is identical to the original.This infers a conflict with either Apache or https.php.

So does anyone know where exactly in wp-includes/cache.php do i insert the line

as a workaround, since adding it in php.ini does not resolve the problem ?

Nothing worked and the server is not co-operating.Started the blog build from scratch ,with a different theme also compatible with buddypress and everything is working fine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.