Hi,

I am creating web application. In that I want to set session timeout (not idle timeout). If a user logged in that time the session time will start and it automatically should detect session timeout the page should redirect to another page. How can I acheive this.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Handle the Session_OnStart and Session_OnEnd event in Global.asax file...

Now in the Session_OnStart event set session timeout either in event or in web.config file. Also set one variable for example Session["IsAlive"] = true;

Now on the Session_OnEnd once the session timeout this event will fire, so set Session["IsAlive"] = false;

Now on each page you need to check the value of Session["IsAlive"] variable. If it's false then redirect on login page else continue surfing...

One thing try to set your session timeout longer because when user is doing something like reading document or filling some form and may be he is nearer to complete his work and session time out will occur then it will create negative impression in user mind.. So also take care of this thing..

Hi,

I am creating web application. In that I want to set session timeout (not idle timeout). If a user logged in that time the session time will start and it automatically should detect session timeout the page should redirect to another page. How can I acheive this.

Hi One and all,
i have one doubt how to retrieve the data from database particular hotspot position.i.e., x,y,radius position with image,that coordinate comes with code beside side

nanna.praveen - your question is not related to the existing running thread. So can you please start a new thread ? and just make sure to prevent such type of thing in future..

Hi One and all,
i have one doubt how to retrieve the data from database particular hotspot position.i.e., x,y,radius position with image,that coordinate comes with code beside side

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.