Hi Everybody,

I just got a book on PHP, and I'm trying to learn the language. The only problem is, when I make a php test page:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

it doesn't work. As a matter of fact, no php pages work (unless the pages are online.) I installed PHP and added

LoadModule php5_module c:/php5/php5apache2.dll
and
AddType application/x-http-php .php .phtml .html
into
httpd.conf

I also renamed php.ini-recomended to php.ini and copied it into my windows directory. I also copied php5ts.dll in my windows/system and windows/system32 folder.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I don't mean to sound pushy, but I really want to start learning PHP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced for all your help!

It would be easier to use external hosting than insatlling php own your machine. There is a number of free php hosting sites with mysql database connection. If you really want to run on your own machine...
1. install apache server (available in both windows and linux versions)
2. install php
3. install phpMyAdmin (optional but useful)
...before you can get started. All the best.

Hello EveryBody

Yesterday I used my MySqlAdmin and it worked fine. But today it dosen't can anyone tell why this is happening.

Ashwin Perti

It would be easier to use external hosting than insatlling php own your machine. There is a number of free php hosting sites with mysql database connection. If you really want to run on your own machine...
1. install apache server (available in both windows and linux versions)
2. install php
3. install phpMyAdmin (optional but useful)
...before you can get started. All the best.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Somehow, I got PHP working. Now I need help with MySQL. I think I installed it correctly. I just don't know how to configure it so I can use it. First, how does it know what website you're referring to when you enter a command? Also, it says "No Database Selected" when I try to enter a command. How do you make a database (or select one)?

Once again, thanks in advanced for your help!

If you are having trouble with MySQL running from the command line I would suggest you download and instal phpMyAdmin, which is a graphical inteface for working with MySQL. It makes life a lot easier when you're starting out as you don't need to learn how to use commands to do everything.
For future reference, it would help to know your OS and versions when asking about installation and set up issues.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.