hey ppls
i hv a list embeded in div . it will be filled by ajax and shown on that time under a text field just like Google Suggest.

All i want to do is to select its options while mouse is moving around its options.

<div id="list" class="hide">
<select multiple=true onmouseover="tell me the script">
</select>
</div>

plz help me

thnx

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Your question isn't clear. A user selects options by clicking the mouse. I'm sure you know that, but that appears to be what you're asking. Please be more specific, and it would help tremendously if you would use real words and complete sentences. Otherwise people have to struggle to understand your message.

i want to navigate/select in the drop down list on taking mouse pointer on the list as you can see it in Google Suggest
when a drop down list is opened after typing some character(s), then take mouse pointer on the drop down list it will select the options of the list on which mouse pointer points. i want to do this thing. i have done all stuff excluding this mouse over effect.
i hope i made you clear now.
if not then do tell me please
thnx
bye

I'm still not clear what you want to do. If you already have a working select list, then a user selects an option by clicking that option. Surely you don't want to select an option when the user "hovers" over an option. That would render your select list unusable, as a user could never browse through the option list. The first one they touch would get "selected".

If you code the "onmouseover" handler for the select control, the user won't even be able to see any of the options. The event will fire as soon as the mouse enters the control; none of the options will have a chance to display.

That leaves you with coding "onmouseover" for the individual options. You can do that, but again, the first one the user touches will trigger the event, making the control virtually useless.

That isn't how Google Suggest works.

Please try another explanation. Use short, clear sentences. Explain each step. Tell us what you have already have working, and what isn't working. Show us small code sections to illustrate.

If you'd like to do me a personal favor, please capitalize "I" in your postings.

I'm still not clear what you want to do. If you already have a working select list, then a user selects an option by clicking that option. Surely you don't want to select an option when the user "hovers" over an option. That would render your select list unusable, as a user could never browse through the option list. The first one they touch would get "selected".

If you code the "onmouseover" handler for the select control, the user won't even be able to see any of the options. The event will fire as soon as the mouse enters the control; none of the options will have a chance to display.

That leaves you with coding "onmouseover" for the individual options. You can do that, but again, the first one the user touches will trigger the event, making the control virtually useless.

That isn't how Google Suggest works.

Please try another explanation. Use short, clear sentences. Explain each step. Tell us what you have already have working, and what isn't working. Show us small code sections to illustrate.

If you'd like to do me a personal favor, please capitalize "I" in your postings.

hi,

my issue is also the same, all i want is a mouseover on the options, i mean to say my <select> box is filled with values from DB using ajax. on mouse over of the options i need to display the options full text. as i have restricted the select box.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.