i hava put a requirefield validator control on a page and also assign its control to validate property but when i try to move from that page to another page without saving the record .due to validation control the navigation does not happen & after filling the value in textbox the navigation happen(in this case i only fill the value in text box and ot not click my save button)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The Control that you are using to Navigate with must have a property "Causesvalidation" e.g if you click a Button to move to another page, the there is a Property in a button named "Causesvalidation". set it to false and it will work.

i hava put a requirefield validator control on a page and also assign its control to validate property but when i try to move from that page to another page without saving the record .due to validation control the navigation does not happen & after filling the value in textbox the navigation happen(in this case i only fill the value in text box and ot not click my save button)

hi

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.