hi. a blind web site designer using the jaws for windows screen reader from http://www.freedomscientific.com, and now downloaded and installed wamp server 2.0, and got word press. as started a full blown star trek application using visual web developer and my sql epxress 2008, but now want to change to a cms, much easier to set up and convert. but i start wamp server, make sure it is online, and then make sure php is enabled. when i try to install word press, from the install.php from the admin, says php is not turned on, so i need help. or do i go to another more accessible, blind friendly cms. marvin from devonport, tasmania, australia.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

try to reinstall your wampserver.

hi. well okay got a tool called reo uninstaller, which gets rid of any left over files and registry. so will do that, reinstall. then how to install word press. marvin.

hi. well okay got a tool called reo uninstaller, which gets rid of any left over files and registry. so will do that, reinstall. then how to install word press. marvin.

hi. well reinstalled wamp server, put the server online and when i go to wp admin and click install.php get the following error. php is not running. even though i enabled it, whent back to wamp server, so wandering do i need wamp server, and maybe just php. i do not have a web space and a domain. looking for a free, screen reader version, that support, php, my sql, etc, and a easy to set up cms. so any one got any ideas. marvin. i do not have a credit card or pay pal. will paste the error message below.

artaty activity

Show us the error message.

Show us the error message.

hi. here's the error. will paste below.
marvin.

Error: PHP is not running - Mozilla Firefox
Edit View
file:///C:/Docs/Programs/WordPress/wordpress-3.0. Web Search
ost Visited
Error: PHP is not running
Error: PHP is not running
WordPress requires that your web server is running PHP. Your server does not have PHP installed, or PHP
is turned off.
>
get_var("SHOW TABLES LIKE '$wpdb->users'") != null ); // Ensure that Blogs appear in search engines
by default $blog_public = 1; if ( ! empty( $_POST ) ) $blog_public = isset( $_POST );
$weblog_title = isset( $_POST ) ? trim( stripslashes( $_POST ) ) : '';
$user_name = isset($_POST) ? trim( stripslashes( $_POST ) ) : 'admin';
$admin_password = isset($_POST) ? trim( stripslashes( $_POST )
) : ''; $admin_email = isset( $_POST ) ? trim( stripslashes( $_POST ) ) : ''; if (
! is_null( $error ) ) { ?>
Done Now: 52 °F Today: 53 °F

Check your php configuration from your wampserver. left click wampserver>php>php settings>short_open_tags

If uncheck, check it.

and 1 more, make sure your wordpress folder is placed in the WWW root folder.

hi. tried reinstalling wamp server, and now should i just get rid of it, since not liking php. and word press. or where can i get php. and also looking for a screen reader friendly free web space, that support php, marvin.

have you tried my previous post?

btw, there's a lot of free web hosting that support php and mysql.
http://x10hosting.com/

hi. well did not see your last post. sorry. so can you list a whole heap of free web hosts. the web addresses. can you e-mail them to my personal e-mail. so i can then save the message for future reference. and now how to fix my wamp server problem. maybe just get rid of wamp al together. what would you do in my situation.

uninstall your wamp server.
then download XAMPP.
try it.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#641

hi. well thanks for that. will do that and see if word press will instal. then will look for a free web host, that is accessible with my screen reader. then will then ask how to build and convert my star trek site from visual web developer and sql to cms. any ideas.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.