Hey Guys,

I am trying to improve my PHP/MySQL skills and need to find a good dvd or cd-rom. I feel that I learn best from video tutorials, I watch the youtube videos but want to buy a couple good dvds with real world techniques. Let me know if you have any links to any, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

lessons from phpAcademy chanel at youtube or thenewboston chanel
lynda php/mysql lessons(lessons from lynda.com)
w3school.com webpage

Thanks LONGWAY, I will check those out! :)

lessons from phpAcademy chanel at youtube or thenewboston chanel
lynda php/mysql lessons(lessons from lynda.com)
w3school.com webpage

Member Avatar for diafol

lynda.com - some are free, but for the good stuff you have to pay. I used to get loads of freebies lynda.com from .net magazine (UK). They have a video for almost everything you can think of.

Oh ok so I should check out .net magazine? Think I have came across their website before, not sure. I don't mind buying the PHP/MySQL dvd from lynda.com...if it's worht it.

lynda.com - some are free, but for the good stuff you have to pay. I used to get loads of freebies lynda.com from .net magazine (UK). They have a video for almost everything you can think of.

phpacademy at youtube, i dont know how advanced you are thou.

Member Avatar for diafol

> .net mag -> the videos used to come free with the mag on dvd. I don't think they have the rights to host them on their site (netmag.co.uk) though.

Alright, I have seen the Magazine at the book store before. Maybe I will subscribe : )

> .net mag -> the videos used to come free with the mag on dvd. I don't think they have the rights to host them on their site (netmag.co.uk) though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.