Hi all, I am using huvt version 1.0 server tracker to track all of our servers. With this program I am able to get players scores (refreshed at 60 second intervals). What I would like to do is take the players scores and add to my database so that I can track the top 10 players on each server. Is this possible and how would I go about starting this project. I do know a little about php coding but I am afraid this is beyond my knowledge. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

sure it's possible and I don't think it's all that hard to do, what data specifically are you wanting to track? what kind of database do you have, I am familiar with mysql. Are those scores (60 second intervals) available to php code? Do you want to update every 60 seconds? Do you need a running 'scoresheet' for each server, like at 10am this was the top 10 on server x and at 11am this is the top ten on x, or a more static scoresheet where you don't care about previous scores like right now these are the top 10 scores on server x?
This project is quite vague and I would need more scope to flesh it out.
If you post your project in a more detailed manner with some specifics and I will try to help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.