Hi All,

Okay, this has been bugging me for the past two days and i cannot think straight!
Basically, the theory is, the member will upload a video, link is stored in database and on the video page all the videos are displayed click on video and page opens with the video... sounds pretty straight forward, however the trouble i'm facing is:
1, finding a player that will play most video extensions which i can embed!
2, is it feasable to upload the video the php convert it to one uniform extension, if so, which is best?
3, the possibilty to use an IF statement in the while loop to see if a video is a youtube link( the idea is if the member already has a video on youtube then i can stream the url), i was thinking a preg_match bit for this but basically i would be looking to see if the url contained 'youtube' if so echo youtube player.

4,Finally! i have looked around for the best code to embed the players, what is the best practice these days.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Cheers...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.