Hi, i don't know if i'm in the right category in posting this thread.
I'm only newbie in creating webpages. I created just a simple web page made from wamp server(php & mysql), now I just want to try how to deploy it, like posting it in a free web hosting site, or thru intranet. Can you give me some pointers on how to start?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

There are several free webhosting servers available where you can run your PHP code. Check out http://www.free-webhosts.com/free-php-webhosting.php for a list of servers with free PHP hosting. Create an account in one of them and you should be able to upload the code through the CMS Panel they provide.

All the best!!!

hi tut tut lol only jokeing
well deploying your site on wamp is a nono it can be done but is not good practice at all
i like to use 000webhost.com they are not bad at all for free as well :D
are host your own site
look here
zpanel.co.uk
it is a FREE hosting control panel so you can host your own website and sell hosting if you want too :D
if you have any problems with zpanel they have a great support thread and me lol

hope this helps

There are several free webhosting servers available where you can run your PHP code. Check out http://www.free-webhosts.com/free-php-webhosting.php for a list of servers with free PHP hosting. Create an account in one of them and you should be able to upload the code through the CMS Panel they provide.

All the best!!!

Ok, so what happens with the configuration like the database connection say for example ($dbConnection=mysql_connect($servername, $username, $password);). Will there be some changes? Or it's up to the free webhosting site to set the configurations for your uploaded site?

You will need to set up the connection string yourself. However, the server name, username and password would be provided by the webhosting site.

After creating a DB on the server, different hosting accounts work in different ways. Some would ask you to create a separate user/password to access the DB and in some, the account username and password can be used to access the DB as well.

Go ahead, create an account and explore the options.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.