Hi All,

Hopefully someone has had this problem in the past and can point me in the right direction.

In the last couple days the ASP.NET development server has slowed down to nearly a halt when starting and stopping debugging, by that I mean anywhere from 5-7 minutes before the initial page will load. The web pages load fine once the application is running. I checked task manager and the CPU is registering at around 25%. If I click on the Visual Studio window when the application is starting, I get the "(Not Responding)" message in the top.

I checked my compile settings and nothing looked out of the ordinary. I've tried restarting both VS and my computer several times, and that made no difference. Any one have any thoughts?

I am running VS 2010 on a Windows 7 machine.

Thanks

There is no solution for this. It simply started working normally on its own. I have no explanation and did nothing to change it. If you have this problem, be patient, it may go away itself in a couple days.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.