I'm running Ubuntu and have just installed PHP5, Apache2, and MySQL. I created a PHP Project in Netbeans and trying to echo "Hello World." When I run it, I just get a 404 Not Found error with this "The requested URL /PhpProject1/index.php was not found on this server." Any ideas on what to do?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm running Ubuntu and have just installed PHP5, Apache2, and MySQL. I created a PHP Project in Netbeans and trying to echo "Hello World." When I run it, I just get a 404 Not Found error with this "The requested URL /PhpProject1/index.php was not found on this server." Any ideas on what to do?

Ok, I think I fixed that problem. Now when I try to open the PHP file, it just opens Firefox and asks me if I want to Open or Save the file. What do I do?

Member Avatar for diafol

Is it running on localhost?
Have you stored the file under the localhost directory?
E.g. if you used XAMPP, your default localhost directory will be something like:

c:\xampp\htdocs\

Also check to see if Apache etc are running.

Thanks ardav, but I think I just figured it out. I just stored my PHP file in the /var/www folder and directed Firefox to there and it worked!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.