Hi,
I have to go back to specific page(html page) using backspace button in javascript n html.plz help me.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You do not need to use backspace to go back to certain pages, but you just use the browser's cache (if what it is called this) instead. Each visited page is saved in a hash. Be careful, the way to deal with IE browser compared to other standard browsers may not be the same.

Thanks for ur reply.but the problm is...actually my website opens with a animation and then home.html page displays,so if user went to some tabs of home.html page like about,contact us etc...then they should come back to home.html using backspace(i dont have back link)not to animation..i.e again they should not see the animation.

OK, you may be able to do so, but users can still use the 'back' button of the browser?

Anyway, what you need to do is to add key listener to your page. Then, you can check which button the user is pressing. If it is backspace which I think is keycode 16, then you redirect to the page you want. If you don't know how to do the code, you could use google to search for addActionListener() for FF and other browsers and attachEvent() for IE.

Thanks for ur help sir.I will surely try this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.