hello everyone,

Help pls. I encounter "server error" with the last sql query statement in the last 'for' loop. Here is the code:

$qdev=mysql_query("select distinct(device) from wipdataperarea where creation_date like '$today%' and gtc='AL' order by gtc,device");

$device=mysql_num_rows($qdev);

while ($dev=mysql_fetch_assoc($qdev)) { 
  echo "<tr>";
  echo "<td>" . $dev['device']. "</td>";

$qarea=mysql_query("select distinct(area2) from wipdataperarea where creation_date 
        like '$today%' and gtc='AL'"); 
 $result=mysql_num_rows($qarea);

for ($i="0"; $i<($area=mysql_fetch_assoc($qarea)); $i++) {
       $query=mysql_query("select distinct(wip_pro), description from
                  wipdataperarea where creation_date like '$today%' and area2 = '" . 
                  $area['area2'] . "' and gtc='AL'");
       $count=mysql_num_rows($query);

for ($x="0"; $x<($row=mysql_fetch_assoc($query)); $x++) {
           $sql=mysql_query("select count from wipdataperarea where 
                        creation_date like '$today%' and device = '" . $dev['device'] . 
                        "' and area2 = '" . $area['area2'] . "' and wip_pro = '" . 
                        $row['wip_pro'] . "' and description = '" .  
                        $row['description'] . "' and gtc='AL'");
           $cnt=mysql_num_rows($sql);

for ($y="0"; $y<($count=mysql_fetch_assoc($sql)); $y++) {
                echo "<td>" . $count['count']. "</td>";
            }   

}       
    }
                        echo "</tr>";

}
echo "</tr>";

It seems to me the problem might lie in the use of the for loops (are you sure about their ending condition?). Why not stick with while loops? You're not actually using the $i, $x and $y variables, are you?

It seems to me the problem might lie in the use of the for loops (are you sure about their ending condition?). Why not stick with while loops? You're not actually using the $i, $x and $y variables, are you?

hello dafnalia, thanks for responding
before i used the for loops, i already used while loop, in the same format, but to no avail.
when i used the while loops, i tested the loop by echoing the sql statement, and the sql statement was displayed according to the loop. but when i was trying to get the $count, internal server error occurs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.