Good day!

I just want to ask on how to setup a site so that when i search the site or business name on any search engine, it will be listed in the search result. Just like in Google.

Thank you & God bless!

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

just and the site or business name in youre database.
then thats the time to make a search engine

you need to do what is called search engine optimisation for your website, you need to add keywords relating to your website (keywords regarding what your website does e.g for an i.t website, you would add keywords like computer, mouse, name of site, cisco, oracle e.t.c)
<meta name="Keywords" content="telecoms">

or you can pay google to help make your site a top search name

Ive tried this but still i cant find in the result when i search in google etc.

<title>Phil Beach</title>
	<meta charset="utf-8" />
	<meta name="description" content="Phil Beach, Beach" />
	<meta name="keywords" content="Phil Beach, Beach" />
	<meta name="robots" content="all,follow" />

When you update your site by making changes to your meta tag keywords or description or the site content,it normally takes some time like 2 to 3 weeks or more before the changes are reflected by most search engines. It can even take more time to have your site in the search listing if it is a site you submitted for the first time. The easiest way to know if your site has been listed is by searching with the business name you supplied when submitting the site to the search engine which of course must be very close to the site url you submitted.The site will definitely be listed only that it may take time.

Have you submitted your site to the search engines?

Ive tried this but still i cant find in the result when i search in google etc.

<title>Phil Beach</title>
	<meta charset="utf-8" />
	<meta name="description" content="Phil Beach, Beach" />
	<meta name="keywords" content="Phil Beach, Beach" />
	<meta name="robots" content="all,follow" />

You will need to make sure,the keywords are somewhat unique and relevant to each page on your website.

Should i need to submit my website to any search engine? Isn't it harmful for my site to submit all my pages?

Should i need to submit my website to any search engine? Isn't it harmful for my site to submit all my pages?

Hey

All search engine have spiders which find websites on a regular bases.

You could make it easier for them or atleast for your own peace of mind submit it

Here is googles submittion form: http://www.google.co.uk/addurl/?continue=/addurl

For the other just do a quick google search: submit website (or something)

I hope that helps.
Wish u all the success with your website

I forgot to mention, all u need to submit is the main domain address: www.domain.com, the searchengine spider algorithm will be applied to your site, and will rank you accordingly, there's a small chance you will appear at the top straight away, butvas your traffic builds and your content level you should move up. As for security your codes should have security elements drilled into it.

Member Avatar for diafol

nofollow and noindex are useful for links you don't want followed or pages you don't want indexed. However, this isn't foolproof and certain naughty spiders will intentionally ignore this. Reputable search engines won't index pages you don't want them to. Make sure that any sensitive pages like admin pages are all inaccessible without a password. Some beginners think that hiding their admin pages away in an unguessable folder name is enough. No - get protected.

There are a number of free/open-source site submission engines out there. They usually produce an XML file that you can submit to a variety of search engines.

You may find more info in the SEO forum (Internet Marketing > Search Engine Optimization).

A search engine can still find you if you do not submit if you have links to your site from somewhere else. If you don't, the search engines can't find you. Robots are very smart, you just have to give them a hand.

Before you submit, make sure your message is clear. I mean, the keywords for content should match what you're saying on the page. Strip the page down of all small words like the, and, or and remove descriptive words like adjectives(Large house). Now count how many times each of the remaining words show up(interior=21, design=30 for example). If this is a site for an interior designer that used proper sentences with the words, this site is destined for the top of the rankings list with a little help.

Hope this helps you create your site.

May I remind you, SEO has absolutely nothing to do with PHP.

Wasn't this the original post?

I just want to ask on how to setup a site so that when i search the site or business name on any search engine, it will be listed in the search result. Just like in Google.

You will need to register your domain with google webmaster. Just go to google ans type google webmaster, there you will be able to get this done and your site wil show up there. Remember you need to stil use your meta tags,

<meta name="Keyword" content "persons, my name"/>

I just placed that, you can put anything you wish to use in searching for your site in google there.

thank you guys!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.