Hi.
I am making a membership application in which users will need to login and then can make a reservation, edit their previous reservation, cancel etc, and in which admin will be able to add new users, edit all reservation etc.
So I would like to ask you is php good choice for doing that and which program would you suggest, if any, or some other tool, I was thinking to do it with Dreamweaver,
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Do you want to write this as a learning exercise or because you think that you need to? There are open-source schedulers available that can probably do a lot of what you need (and maybe a lot more). One example is here. I'm sure that if you do some searching you will find more of them.

Member Avatar for Feemacbee

Consider using Joomla if you are starting from scratch and aren't sure about programming languages etc. Joomla is an open-source content management system (that uses PHP and MySQL). The beauty of Joomla is the many extensions you can install. Such as this one:
http://extensions.joomla.org/search?q=hotel+bookings
You can use Dreamweaver to help design your template.

PHP is the right language to do it, and for those who are beggining Dreamweaver is realy nice, go for it.

Hi.
I am making a membership application in which users will need to login and then can make a reservation, edit their previous reservation, cancel etc, and in which admin will be able to add new users, edit all reservation etc.
So I would like to ask you is php good choice for doing that and which program would you suggest, if any, or some other tool, I was thinking to do it with Dreamweaver,
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

What have you done so far?

What have you done so far?

Hello.
I have been looking around, installed dreamweawer, it is very good, and I tried both wordpress and joomla, installed them on web pages, and have seen that there are many usefull plugins, and think that i could maybe customize them a little bit to work the way I need.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.