Hi
I have a WordPress Blog that I can no longer access due to a header redirect issue. I have no idea how to fix this. The error message I am getting is this:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/altalake/public_html/twinsintow.com/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:37) in /home/altalake/public_html/twinsintow.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 934

I have gone to the file wp-includes/pluggable.php but I am not sure what I am seeing on 934 and if the error message means that the error is with the code on line 934 or if this is the correct header information and the part that is messing things up is with the index.php

Any thoughts? I saw that this problem has existed for others but I was not able to apply the information to my situation.
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This error message usually occurs when there has been an output such as an echo or print command before the headers are sent. Always make sure you don't output anything before you send headers!

Line 934 should be the line where the header is, not the line that causes the mistake. The line that causes the mistake must come before line 934.

I used to face that problem but was such a long time I don't even use Wordpress so often, but there's a page that normally has an empty space bellow the line code

?>

When you remove that space this fix the problem in some cases. Also check if the line 934 has a setcookie() function, this also cause this problem in some servers, don't know why.

Check wp-settings.php or wp-config.php, I think the problem was an empty line after the code. But as I said, it's being a long time. I found the solution in the Wordpress page at wordpress.org.

Also, if you made an upgrade would've be nice to reload the old Wordpress files if you backed up the database before installing the new version.

Thank you! I think I fixed it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.