Hello Everyone!

I am unable to change permission of folders created on C-Panel with chmod('folderpath',0777);
Please help on this.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Have you tried changing to 0775 as 0777 is very risky and normally not essential and it may be that C-Panel doesn't allow changes to 077 due to the security risk

Contact you hosting provider, because that is a problem (or a security measure) on their side.

The most common reason for that is a bad server side configuration (normally user and group permissions)

Actually requirement is to create multiple folder-subfolder structure.So while creating main folders I gave 0777 mod
mkdir("/home/project/public_html/project/website/admin_data/uploaded/shirt/parts/".$fabric_type,0777)
but with this was showing 0755 after creating folder.
Then I did
chmod("/home/project/public_html/project/website/admin_data/uploaded/shirt/parts/".$fabric_type,0777);
still it is showing 0755 instead 0777.Then dont know how it allwoed me to create subfolder in above created folder like.
mkdir("/home/project/public_html/project/website/admin_data/uploaded/shirt/parts/".$fabric_type."/accessries",0777)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.