Hi

I recently installed XAMPP and tried my first test page by creating a sub-folder in htdocs namely password_test which containts 2 files: password.txt and an index.php.

While trying to execute i get the following: file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/password_test/

--------------
Index of C:\xampp\htdocs\password_test\
Name Size Date Modified
[parent directory]
index.php.txt 129 B 11/18/11 12:23:16 PM
password.txt.txt 13 B 11/18/11 11:55:39 AM

I am just able to see the code i typed on clicking the files but not the result. Can someone telling me if i am traveling the wrong way.

Awaiting your reply

Thank you
Laya

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi

I recently installed XAMPP and tried my first test page by creating a sub-folder in htdocs namely password_test which containts 2 files: password.txt and an index.php.

While trying to execute i get the following: file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/password_test/

--------------
Index of C:\xampp\htdocs\password_test\
Name Size Date Modified
[parent directory]
index.php.txt 129 B 11/18/11 12:23:16 PM
password.txt.txt 13 B 11/18/11 11:55:39 AM

I am just able to see the code i typed on clicking the files but not the result. Can someone telling me if i am traveling the wrong way.

Awaiting your reply

Thank you
Laya

rename the file index.php.txt to index.php
BTW did you use notepad?

Hi guys,

I finally managed to solve the issue. It was evstevem who gave me the clue of the notepad. Finally, i was able to change my file to .php from the .php.txt and it worked.

Thank you so much for all the support everyone.

I will be back with more queries since its just my first day of programming.

Thank you!!

Regards
Laya

Hi guys,

I finally managed to solve the issue. It was evstevem who gave me the clue of the notepad. Finally, i was able to change my file to .php from the .php.txt and it worked.

Thank you so much for all the support everyone.

I will be back with more queries since its just my first day of programming.

Thank you!!

Regards
Laya

Throw notepad, it is useless and stubborn when it comes to programming. Alternatively use something like NPP

Please mark thread solved!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.