I am the webmaster for a site hosted by ipowerweb.com. Among the applications they offer is a survey tool, but it must in a file with .php extension. I have no idea what that means. The site's tech support said I would have to use an external html editor such as FrontPage and put the survey script on that page and download it to the site's file manager. I have FrontPage but can't find anywhere to change the file type to .php. Can anybody help? Bear in mind that I know nothing about html.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

what kind of a webmaster knows absolutely nothing about html?
html and php files are both just plain text. Simpley change the extension from .htm to .php.

I am the webmaster for a site hosted by ipowerweb.com....Bear in mind that I know nothing about html.

Huh?! I have to agree with Phaelax on this one. Please explain how you are a "webmaster", acl. :)

Huh?! I have to agree with Phaelax on this one. Please explain how you are a "webmaster", acl. :)

i have to agree here on this one as well. dont take up a webmaster position if you know nothing about html. try searching google for info on html and even check out w3c schools for info on basic html and such at http://w3cschools.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.