hai friends,

i cannot create the message box. the syntax i used is "MessageBox" . it gives the errror that namespace system.windows is not found. i searched with System.Windows i cannot found anything there.
so plz help

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

msgbox?

what messagebox? This is asp.net ... web pages.. what messagebox? message box is in windows forms projects not web pages.

Do you want to pop up a message to a user? you can use the javascript alert. Are you sure you understand the concept of asp.net? If not say so and we will try and explain it a bit

f1_fan is right
u can use msgbox in asp.net coz it will run on the server and not on the client side.
u can use alert fuction in the javascript, coz its client-side.

sorry, i mean "u can't use msgbox"

ok, i manage it. thanks for ur reply

System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("");

System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("Voter is added to Voter List Sucessfully");

There is no message box in asp.net.
You can use this one.

Page pageCurr = HttpContext.Current.Handler as Page;
        if (pageCurr != null)
        {
            ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(pageCurr, pageCurr.GetType(), "aKey", "alert('" + "you message" + "');", true);
        }

use this instead of msgbox

ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType(), "OhNo", "alert('Your Message');", True)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.