I got this error while trying to view my websites on Chrome after reformatting my OS (Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit). I noticed I cant view my adsense ads from my laptop, but I can see them on iPad, so it might have something to do with my Google Chrome browser settings. I already enabled Javascript on chrome, closed browser and opened it again, but still cant see the ads... also tried disabling antivirus while viewing it.

Before I reformatted my laptop, I can still see them fine, so I'm not sure what caused it and how I can fix it. Hope to get some help from here.. will be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance :)

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Member Avatar for stbuchok

are there any javascript errors. If so, what line are the pointing to.

It points to show_ads.js on chrome browser where I viewed the error via Inspect Element.
I did some more searching. The new google chrome update has a bug. I dont know if they have a fix just yet.

I got this error while trying to view my websites on Chrome after reformatting my OS (Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit). I noticed I cant view my adsense ads from my laptop, but I can see them on iPad, so it might have something to do with my Google Chrome browser settings. I already enabled Javascript on chrome, closed browser and opened it again, but still cant see the ads... also tried disabling antivirus while viewing it.

Before I reformatted my laptop, I can still see them fine, so I'm not sure what caused it and how I can fix it. Hope to get some help from here.. will be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance :)

your problem title says "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL"
but instead of sending the code of the error line you are telling a 64 bored bits tale and the 7 bluish smurfs.

If you Google "cant view my adsense ads", you will find that the syndrome is not exactly unique.

I read through a few of the discussions but couldn't find a sensible, coherent diagnosis.

Bluish Smurf Airshow

We all know that this is not a Chrome Bug-Report list. So, we're not here for arguing whether the water is dry or wet.
We don't [and obviously cant] solve browser bugs. In addition, this forum section is not a place where we solve a went south OS installation(s), or (to use the expression) "reformat OS".
JavaScript cant do that.

We are aware that no one is able to solve an ambivalent problem per se, but we might be able to solve an explicit one -the one that says: uncaught error: Illegal token - in case we see what token caused the error - and narrow down the cause of this (not all), but this explicit case of error.

But beyond all - your signature says: "50% of the solution lies in accurately describing the problem!" whereat this isn't one of them...

Cheer up, (papa smurf).

Sorry if my problem isnt too clear, I'll just post the screenshot where the code error is. Should I be bothered by it, or just let it be? The only problem I had with Chrome is not being able to view adsense ads on any site.
[img]http://www.daniweb.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23464&stc=1&d=1326066363[/img]

Sorry if you have trouble analyzing my post, I'm not much of a techie when it comes to troubleshooting my machine. It its a browser problem which is ok to ignore, I'll move on :) Thanks for trying to help tho!

z3o,

No don't ignore. Some visitors to your site will have the same problem.

Check your adsense code against the recommendations given in the top answer here.

Airshow

:cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.