Hello Friends...:)
I am a part time web designer and small time PhP developer by side. I recently got a request from one of my clients that he needs a site in which he is offering some service( some spiritual advice kind of stuff based upon your date of birth ) and he need to be able to take payment( rarely might someone use the service and even if using it then not that big amount) from his customers through debit card( or credit card) through the site online. I heard about PayPal then. Is PayPal charging some money for registering ? Or is there any initial amount or any amount i have to pay monthly and how does he get the money directly to his account.(or is there any option that is totally different other than PayPal)?? I Googled and got fully confused!!:'( Please guide....:)

Thank you...

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You could try Google Checkout but either way, if you are confused now, I am afraid it will only get worse when you try to integrate a payment system.

In answer to your questions about Paypal, your client will need a Paypal business account which is free to set up and no monthly fee unless you go fro the Pro account. They will charge a percentage plus 20p per transaction (at the moment the highest is 3.4%). Customers can pay by logging into or setting up a Paypal account or just by entering their card details when they are sent to make payment at the Paypal website.

You could try Google Checkout but either way, if you are confused now, I am afraid it will only get worse when you try to integrate a payment system.

In answer to your questions about Paypal, your client will need a Paypal business account which is free to set up and no monthly fee unless you go fro the Pro account. They will charge a percentage plus 20p per transaction (at the moment the highest is 3.4%). Customers can pay by logging into or setting up a Paypal account or just by entering their card details when they are sent to make payment at the Paypal website.

Thanks for the reply SP.
But is it possible for the customer to enter his/her debit(ATM) card details plus PIN through PayPal and pay me online without him having a PayPal account?

If you have a business Paypal account then they can pay you and you forward the money to the client.

Look into DoDirectPayment API with paypal. To my knowledge it charges the users card directly without them needing a paypal account.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.