Hello friends I'm working asp.net application on windows server 2003.I have upgrade the application from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 first I'm getting few warnings and every thing is working fine but last few days site getting crash due to the exception mention below.I'm not good at server related things so need some help.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1334
Date: 1/17/2012
Time: 6:03:22 PM
User: N/A
Computer: IRDA
Description:
An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated.

Application ID: /LM/W3SVC/76055389/Root

Process ID: 3108

Exception: System.OutOfMemoryException

Message: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

StackTrace: at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.CreateCopy() at System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Event ID: 5000
Time: 6:03:23 PM
User: N/A
Description:
EventType clr20r3, P1 w3wp.exe, P2 6.0.3790.3959, P3 45d6968e, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 492b834a, P7 11eb, P8 18, P9 system.outofmemoryexception, P10 NIL.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event Source: VsJITDebugger
Event ID: 4096
Time: 6:03:28 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Description:
An unhandled exception ('System.OutOfMemoryException') occurred in w3wp.exe [3108]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: Debugger could not be started because no user is logged on.

thanks in advance,
Abrar

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Abrar, this error usually occures when your application is having an infinte loop. Please debug your CreateCopy() function and see if there is any false condtion to break the loop?

Thanks for reply

where should I found that method(CreateCopy()) I've no Idea I think its a predefined method.

Where abouts in your code does the crash occur? If you can narrow down what code is running when it happens that will help.

hello!
this error occurred when your memory or RAM is full,so i think in your application you retrieve data from database,so if it's the case,your data is so huge that your memory can't handle,so you must for example retrieve a little number of rows from the database.
provide us any more details for helping you better.
Regards!

Thanks alot for replying.
Yes we are retrieving huge data almost on every page but our server memory is 4gb RAM so I think its enough.But this error comes once in a while and the site gets down.I'm working on the sufyan2011 solution hope it fix the error and please help me in the easiest way to fix this problem as soon as possible.
Thanks & Regards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.