Hi,

I am luking for a Collection library much like what we get in java and c# and in my hunt i came across few names like bucket, coffeeblack, js_cols. Which would be most compatible with jQuery? As i got a nice library from sourceforge.net but it is not compatible with jQuery.

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What do you mean "not compatible". If it's Javascript it should work.

Hi pritaeas,

By "not compatible" i mean that the library i got on sourceforge.net was'nt working the way it should, according to documentation.

Moreover in some condition browser hangs permanently and its process needs to be killed in order to close it and run again.

Another condition i faced was javascript error shows that some jQuery function is missing which is not the case when the said library is not used.

the library i got on sourceforge.net was'nt working the way it should, according to documentation

You can always post a bug ticket there, or contact the author.

shows that some jQuery function

If it's a plugin then you need to include jQuery too.

Here is the code that i am using and this particular code hangs mozilla firefox while when i change jQuery to version 1.7 jQuery function is not called and following error is shown:

type.indexOf is not a function
if ( type.indexOf( "!" ) >= 0 ) {

at "jquery-1.7.js (line 3113)"

Folliwing is the script that i am using

<script type="text/javascript" src="JScript/jquery-1.3.2.js"></script>

following library is from sourceforge.net javascript Collection library

<script type="text/javascript" src="JScript/base.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="JScript/CollectionInterfaces.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="JScript/AbstractCollections.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="JScript/HashMap.js"></script>

jQuery(function() {
    jQuery.noConflict();    

jQuery.add = function (val )
    {
        alert(val);                     
    };

});
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.