Let's debate about the flaws and the benefits of Javascript and HTML/HTML5 and how effectivaly they work together. Lets also talk about what improvements you would like to see in future developments of both. i would love to see every ones opinions.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

You want to start the ball rolling?

Well i think that JavaScript is a very versatile language and has many operations but i'm not a professional.

Member Avatar for diafol

Any further insight like frameworks; use of ajax; polyfills,; use of canvas; graceful degradation etc?

Sure

Make a statement on the above debate

Member Avatar for stbuchok

What "flaws" don't you like that we could "debate" about? Also I think they are making good headway in the next version with destructures, iterators, factories...

I think if you want a debate you are going to need to start things off, after all this is your thread.

I would say that if else statement need to be improved, and if else statement will only pass if the if statement is true, i think that can be improved upon.

Member Avatar for diafol

Are you serious? How would you improve it? The whole point of it as I see it is that you need a true/false answer for a test. A 'maybe' doesn't sound like it makes sense. Well, for most cases anyway.

LOL, wow. Just wow. Can you give a circumstance where the if statement will pass when the statement is false?

how effective are JavaScript validation routines to reduce the number of errors that are made in data input?

how effective are JavaScript validation routines to reduce the number of errors that are made in data input?

What are you talking about? Do you mean how effective can JavaScript be in performing form validation?

Member Avatar for diafol

Client side validation is just a convenience for users and may save server use. It should never be trusted to exclude bad or tainted data from arriving at the server. So effective - yes and no - saves time and resources - but not effective wrt. security.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.