Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to web design in general, so I'm not really sure how to get started with this. I have a wordpress site that I would like to be able to manage user profiles on. The built in account management stuff works great for regular logon/off sessions, but there are some features I would like to make available for our users.

I maintain a wellness site and I would like to allow users who are logged on to be able to click a button that says "Claim Points" or something similar for events they participate in - when they click the button, it would automatically update their total wellness points on their profile. Can anyone suggest where I should start on this? I'm assuming PHP might be an easy way to interact with users, but I'm really not sure where to begin.

Hi,

Try searching for wordpress plugin first. You might not find the exact functionalities you are looking for, but I don't see any problem in finding a similar one. Then modify the plugin to meet your needs.

Writing your own plugin in wordpress requires some time to get yourself familiar with the wordpress coding conventions. and standards They have their own rules of the DOs and DON'Ts that must be followed religiously, otherwise any added function is not going to work as intended.

Here is the link to help you out..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.