My PHP page displays correctly on my localhost but after pushing it online it does not display; nothing shows even
when I inspect the source code. Any help?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

Could be one of a million things. Likely suspects:
Is your remote site php-enabled?
Have you copied your files to the correct directory?
Has your domain been activated properly?
Does all the output in the page depend on php - e.g. include files or is there any vanilla HTML on it? Have you tried just uploading plain html in your php page to see if it displays?

All other files work except this particular one; it's the landing page right after login

Member Avatar for diafol

It's probably a path thing. Any chance you can show the code and any error messages? Otherwise we'll just be guessing. My decrepit crystal ball is getting cloudy :(

Thanks Diafol; I also thought my path was faulty but my browser's address bar clearly states my path is correct :(

Member Avatar for diafol

OK, have you got anything else to give us? Name of file? Problem URL? List of files in public root (just the relevant ones)? Do you have htaccess file and if so what's in it?

Can you view a plain text or html page on the hosting?

if so

Can you view a simple page with just echo "hi"; in it?

if so

turn on error_reporting(E_ALL); at the top of your script

Should narrow down the error a lot

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.