I am kind of having some problems, I asked on dBForums but nobody responded, guess its safe to say... soooo much for their knowledge of knowing things:

I have 2 scripts running on my site, one is an ASP.NET Storefront and the other is a database manager (since technically I have no idea where my database manager is in my control panel.)

On both I get a configuration error, if somebody could please clear these errors up and explain how to fix them. I am great with PHP/MySQL but I am a beginner to ASP.NET --- so please help... thanks everybody.

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 42:			by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.
Line 43:	 -->
Line 44:	 <authentication mode="Forms"> 
Line 45:	 <forms loginUrl="login.aspx" name="DBLogin" />
Line 46:	 </authentication>

This happens for the database manager (above.)

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 132:		   by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.
Line 133:	-->
Line 134:	<authentication mode="Forms">
Line 135:	  <forms name="ASPDNSFGUIDADM" loginUrl="signin.aspx" timeout="60" />
Line 136:	</authentication>

This happens with the ASP.NET Storefront admin (above.)

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'AspDotNetStorefront.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="AspDotNetStorefront.Global" %>

And this lastly happens with the main directory of the ASP.NET Storefront (above.)

Please help me with these 3 challenging (but simple to the professional) fixes. Thanks everybody.

Can somebody please help me. How do I do the IIS thing, I've tried to do it but it wouldn't work for me (I am running IIS6.)

I am kind of having some problems, I asked on dBForums but nobody responded, guess its safe to say... soooo much for their knowledge of knowing things:

I have 2 scripts running on my site, one is an ASP.NET Storefront and the other is a database manager (since technically I have no idea where my database manager is in my control panel.)

On both I get a configuration error, if somebody could please clear these errors up and explain how to fix them. I am great with PHP/MySQL but I am a beginner to ASP.NET --- so please help... thanks everybody.

This happens for the database manager (above.)

This happens with the ASP.NET Storefront admin (above.)

And this lastly happens with the main directory of the ASP.NET Storefront (above.)

Please help me with these 3 challenging (but simple to the professional) fixes. Thanks everybody.

Can somebody please help me. How do I do the IIS thing, I've tried to do it but it wouldn't work for me (I am running IIS6.)

I am not an expert for IIS, so please make a note of every step or whatever you are going to do in order to undo changes

it seems like the folder in IIS has not been set-up as a Virtual Folder. If this is true

1. Open IIS and see if the folder (AspDotNetStorefront) icon color is 'yellow' (default folder icon)

If it is 'yellow' (default folder icon)
2. right click on the folder
3.click properties
4. click "Create" (do the same for the other folder where your website is located)

(and/or)

you might need to set the security options for the virtual folder

1. right click after the above steps if the folder in IIS is 'Yellow' (default folder icon)
2. click properties
3. click directory security
4. Click Edit button for "Anonymous and Authentication Control"
5. Uncheck "Anonymous Access" checkbox

hopefully this should work.

Yeah but how do I go about getting my IIS to work. I open my IIS (Start >> Control Panel >> Administrative Settings >> IIS6) and it comes up with nothing on it, I try to add my computer but it says I am not allowed access to it... its like, wtf, hello.

I seriously need some darned help.

I guess nobody can't help me, I'm so serious with this one ladies and gentleman. Now, I didn't pay the other people from my other post cause neither methods worked, I even went out of my way and hired GeekSquad and come to find it was something else with the hard drive connected to the motherboard or something. They went into detail but I couldn't catch it all.

Either way, I have an offer.

$30 FOR HELP

I am willing to pay $30 if anybody can please assist me. I have it queued up in PayPal right now. What I need done is to:

a. Help get my Configuration Error fixed on my ASP.NET application I have at http://www.hood-styles.com and http://www.hood-styles.com/admin/

b. It says I need to use IIS, I am running IIS 6 and everytime I input my computer name, it states that I have been denied access, I've tried multiple logins etc... but still it will not give in.

c. Show me how to setup a virtual directory when the time arises for another application to have this done with IIS.

Like I said, $30 for help, if the need be willing I am desperate, I'll jump to $50 if it needs it. Thanks everybody.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.