How to create template and database for following structure in wordpress?

index.php

main wrapper width 90%
5%-5% margin left and right

left column 65% of main wrapper(article)
right column 35% of main wrapper(only image)

about.php

main wrapper width 90%
5%-5% margin left and right

left column 35% of main wrapper(only image)
right column 65% of main wrapper(article)

popup for one word

portfolio.php
jquery Filterable Portfolio

contact.php
google map full width of main wrapper
feedback form

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Building themes for WordPress isn't that difficult.

I'd recommend you start by reading the theme development section of the WordPress site.

It can also be useful to reverse engineer the one of the default WordPress themes, looking up the functionality of the template tags used.

For the about and contact pages, you're going to want to use custom page templates. And for the portfolio page, I'd suggest creating a new post type (work / portfolio) and making the portfolio page either another custom page template or an archive template.

thanks

but there are so many files(30 php files and others) for single theme.

I have 4 pages site + one page for popup and one page for sending message(feedback)

So need guidelines or coding help for near about 6 pages design

You do not need 30 files for a theme. The minimal number of files required and theme development guidelines are explained in the link I provided.

Read that material, and then you will be able to come back with specific questions.

ok!
thanks

Go to lynda.com... they teach you how to build a simple template in 2 hours :) or less

I found tutorials where they told to create separate pages for each menu.
e.g.

menus
Home About Portfolio Contact

Pages
index.php
home.php
about.php
portfolio.php
contact.php

But I have done this with php/mysql with separate pages. Is any other way to create Portfolio Website using Wordpress dynamically ?

The number of templates you'll require really rather depends on how much the site's design and layout differs from page to page.

One option would be to create a separate template for each page. This could be done by calling the files: page-<slug>.php, or by including the template name at the top of each file and setting it when editing the page.

Neither approach prevents the pages from being dynamic and content managed.

With regard to a portfolio website, I would suggest you read about custom post types. These will allow you to create a new post type, in your case "portfolio". You can then have the portfolio display all portfolio entries in the display order, date order, etc, with each clicking through to a separate page for example.

This tutorial looks like it covers the approach in a fair level of detail.

like this I have image in one column and content in second column, but this template have same structure for all pages.

I have same structure for first page and opposite for second page. Can anybody help for coding ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.