Hello guys

I want to make my file upload form appear similar on all browser.I current use the code below.This will show differently depending on browser

<form action="upload.php" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" >
<input type="file" name="image"/>
<p><button name="submit" type="submit"></button></p>

This is not a secret to anyone:D
How can i make the following way....
There is a textarea and a browse button .After the user has selected the files through browse , he just click on submit button

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you want for these elements to appear similar on different browsers, you need to apply a style to each of the target elements. The easiest way is to centralize these settings in a stylesheet and reference the stylesheet from each page.

If you do not apply a style, the browsers will apply their default styles which are slightly different on each browser app.

Thanks for the reply by how to create a stylesheet for the input type
Can u show an example

Member Avatar for diafol

You may want to look at some form css frameworks, such as http://formee.org/demo/index.htm
There are many out there. I've been playing with twitter bootstrap recently and I'm very pleased with the results. Only in certain versions of IE do you not get the rounded corners, but shims can allow that functionality if you need it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.