So, I installed the recaptcha into my site... and I don't know why it doesn't verify... You can submit the form with out worrying about the code you have to type in so that recaptcha verifies the form.

So... I have a form that shows recaptcha, but it doesn't verify... how do i fix this?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@<MICHAEL>

So, I installed the recaptcha into my site... and I don't know why it doesn't verify... You can submit the form with out worrying about the code you have to type in so that recaptcha verifies the form.

So... I have a form that shows recaptcha, but it doesn't verify... how do i fix this?

You are a smart kid. Can you search this topic on google first than post this question? I feel like you don't want to search it because it's boring and time consuming.

No i attempted it, plus i am still searching, but i can't solve it at this very moment. I found a few things that could've worked but it didn't, I at first thought that my keys were wrong, but they weren't or I pasted their (recaptcha) code wrong... But like i said, I am still searching.

@<MICHAEL>

No i attempted it, plus i am still searching, but i can't solve it at this very moment. I found a few things that could've worked but it didn't, I at first thought that my keys were wrong, but they weren't or I pasted their (recaptcha) code wrong... But like i said, I am still searching.

Nice answer! Just keep searching for couple of more days. If you can't find the answer then post the code.

Well here is my code that I am using for recaptcha:
Here is my private:

<?php
  require_once('recaptchalib.php');
  $privatekey = "privatekey";
  $resp = recaptcha_check_answer ($privatekey,
                                $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"],
                                $_POST["recaptcha_challenge_field"],
                                $_POST["recaptcha_response_field"]);

?>

Here is my public:

<?php
          $publickey = "publickey";
          echo recaptcha_get_html($publickey);
        ?>

Are these right?

Though this is out of topic, i found this snippet of code that gives me a feeling that the code that I have isn't properly formatted.
I found this code:

<div id="recaptcha_widget" style="display:none">

<div id="recaptcha_image"></div>
<div class="recaptcha_only_if_incorrect_sol" style="color:red">Incorrect please try again</div>

<span class="recaptcha_only_if_image">Enter the words above:</span>
<span class="recaptcha_only_if_audio">Enter the numbers you hear:</span>

<input type="text" id="recaptcha_response_field" name="recaptcha_response_field" />

<div><a href="javascript:Recaptcha.reload()">Get another CAPTCHA</a></div>
<div class="recaptcha_only_if_image"><a href="javascript:Recaptcha.switch_type('audio')">Get an audio CAPTCHA</a></div>
<div class="recaptcha_only_if_audio"><a href="javascript:Recaptcha.switch_type('image')">Get an image CAPTCHA</a></div>

<div><a href="javascript:Recaptcha.showhelp()">Help</a></div>

</div>

<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/challenge?k=publickey">
</script>
<noscript>
<iframe src="http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/noscript?k=publickey"
height="800" width="250" frameborder="0"></iframe><br>
<textarea name="recaptcha_challenge_field" rows="3" cols="40">
</textarea>
<input type="hidden" name="recaptcha_response_field"
value="manual_challenge">
</noscript>

And when this was on the site, it showed a message saying that the form wasn't formatted properly... that may set some clues doesn't it?

@<MICHAEL>

Are these right?

Can you post the link where you got this code, so I can have a better understand of the code. You know there's a lot of example on this topic.

i get this from eHOW (this specific snippet)
Here is the link: Click Here

@<MICHAEL>

I meant this code what link you got this:

Here is my private:

<?php
$privatekey = "privatekey";
$resp = recaptcha_check_answer ($privatekey,
$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"],
$_POST["recaptcha_challenge_field"],
$_POST["recaptcha_response_field"]);
?>

Here is my public:

<?php
$publickey = "publickey";
echo recaptcha_get_html($publickey);
?>

I am sorry, I got that code from the recaptcha site itself

okay, i will read it and try it out then I'll update my progress!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.