Hi, I am completing a edit page in php however, it keep stating that "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in home/..........................................".

Can anyone help me to check my code if there are any mistakes.

Since the code is extremely long therefore I have linked it to my business page for you to go thru

www.royalfatman.com/needhelp.html

As far as I am concern, when I try to run the code for editing of my page entry, it will appear as "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/royalfat/public_html/mystore/storeadmin/inventory_edit.php on line 581" which is located at the very last line <!-- InstanceEnd --></html>

This is my first try on .php!

Hope that you will be able to assist me.

Thank you.

Regards,

Azzahar

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@azzahar

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/royalfat/public_html/mystore/storeadmin/inventory_edit.php on line 581"

You got this code from a guy on Youtube and this person also has a website forum of his own that you can ask questions about his stuffs but instead you post this code on Daniweb?

I just download this guy stuff from Youtube and look at this file called inventory_edit.php.

I was surprise. I realized what you did.

On inventory_edit.php file there's only 154 lines where did the other 427 lines came from?

You put all of the files into 1 file?

I don't see any errors on the inventory_edit.php ?

I also realized you can watch his tutorial videos and he can go over with you how to install and make this e-comm website to work.

You are so lucky that you have another alternative not many Daniweb members has that option.

My advice watch the videos!

Hi LastMitch,

Actually i couldn't find their forum and that's the reason why I resorted putting up a possible solution from fellow .php programmer.

Next, I have followed most of their code but except that I change a bit in terms of template...

From what I have check, the problem lies in the last line which is </html>.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@azzahar

Actually i couldn't find their forum and that's the reason why I resorted putting up a possible solution from fellow .php programmer.

It's right on top of your inventory_edit.php file:

// This file is www.developphp.com curriculum material
// Written by Adam Khoury January 01, 2011

I mean i can't even find their forum in their www.developphp.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.