I am new to website designing & ASP.NET but knows few basic things.
As a final year project i have choose to make a Music Website.
It will sell the albums & songs developed by the organization.

Yesterday I showed it to my project guide in the college.
Before that Me & my partener chose to make it cash on delivery option instead a payment gatewaty.
But the Project guide refused stating that if we keep it no problem, but you will score less marks.
The main & essential part of the project is how you make payment.
Since its easy to make cash on delivery & will make it a static project whether we fetch the albums or songs from the database or not
&
registering the users for songs purachase since it has no resemblance as users can provide their address without letting them to log in.
The main problem with cash on delivery is also that a user can provide fake address or provide the name & address of someone other which is the major risk.

So to overcome this we were said to add payment gateway option our website rather than cash on delivery.
So then how to add a payment gateway like paypal which performs the transaction for us.
Or can we make something similar to paypal using some coding.
We hav made most of the project only payment option is now remaining.

should we code it?
or
should we download it from somewhere?
or
should we buy from a third party vendor?

what is the best solution since we have to submit the project on or before the upcoming wednesday or thursday!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Use PayPal, I believe this to be the easiest to use from a Merchant point of view and Buyer.
I have used it for 10+ years without the need to put anything else on my websites.
Regards
pcbugfixer

But I am completely new to this.
I dont know how to implement it.
I know that coding will be required to add Paypal option.
But then where can I find the code for integrating Paypal into my website & should I have to make an acoount on Paypal also??
Is that coding easy to understand & is there any tutorial on how to implement the Paypal in the website?

Well as far as I know Your best bet would be to implement paypal payment checkout.. It is easy to install and implement.. This is the simplest article available on net to integrate paypal..

http://www.dotnetfunda.com/articles/article928-online-payments-using-paypal-integration-with-aspnet.aspx

2nd Thing If u want to make your project more realistic and advanced and are willing to spend some money You can buy payment gateway from some service provider.. They will give u some readymade codes.. ALl you have to do is copy paste in ur application but I guess this will cost u a bit of fortune.. It will cost u around 10k-25k depending upon the provider..

And Finally If you have some time u can go through this link as suggested by Scott Guthrie..

http://www.west-wind.com/presentations/aspnetecommerce/aspnetecommerce.asp

Thank You.

The 1st got it....
It's easy. We are not going to deploy the project over internet.
That's why we want something bit easier & easy to explain.
I liked the link you have given & explains everything easily.
Thanx 4 ur help.

2nd Thing If u want to make your project more realistic and advanced and are willing to spend some money You can buy payment gateway from some service provider.. They will give u some readymade codes.. ALl you have to do is copy paste in ur application but I guess this will cost u a bit of fortune.. It will cost u around 10k-25k depending upon the provider..

We don't have 10k-25k budget since we are just doing it for our final year project.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.