Hello all. Currently I develop PHP website, and I do simple java programs. Since I will continue learning more and more java, I decided to learn JSP/Spring MVC (Don't really know how Spring MVC Framework uses JSP, check next paragraph) combination of my web knowledge and the Java programming language.

Q1: What is the difference btw java and jsp in terms of coding, do I use the same functions as in java ex: Arrays.sort(), x.substring(), System.out.println(), etc ... ?

Q2: What is the relationship between Spring MVC and JSP ?
- I know some PHP MVC frameworks like codeigniter, zend etc ... so the relationship between these frameworks and PHP is that they use PHP in MVC architecture
QDoes Spring MVC uses JSP as programming language ? can I relate it to php framework and php ?

Q3: Should I learn JSP to understand Spring MVC ?

Q4: Is there some cool libraries that could attract a programmer in Spring MVC ?

Q5: I found this site for learning JSP & Spring MVC & etc ... Do I start here ?

Thank you,
Best Regards

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

QDoes Spring MVC uses JSP as programming language ? can I relate it to php framework and php ?

I think JSP is simliar to ASP.net.

From my experience (still learning and modifying PHP codes), PHP is more flexible.

Q5: I found this site for learning JSP & Spring MVC & etc ... Do I start here ?

Yes, You should. If you want to learn JSP Frameworks

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Is it good to start with ?

Yes, Go for it.

Thanks for the link.

Okay great, Thank you ^^

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.