how to hide a url while printing a web page using scriptts...but not manually altering the settings of browser

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Web Development

Next time maybe use a more descriptive thread title?

You can't, it's a browser or printer setting.

Shouldn't you be able to use a print media CSS doc to display:none your URLs?

Shouldn't you be able to use a print media CSS doc to display:none your URLs?

I think he means the URL that is printed on top/bottom of the page as the source, and not those inside the document.

Oooooooooh gotcha. Question wasn't very clear for me, thanks for clarifying.

Mr EvolutionFallen...what Mr pritaeas has said is the exact question to which i am looking answer for..will u now able to answer for it...i like to hide the url while printing the web page..

what Mr pritaeas has said is the exact question to which i am looking answer for..will u now able to answer for it

pritaeas also already gave you the correct answer

You can't, it's a browser or printer setting.

oh we cant do it by any scripts?

The answer was "no".

Again, this is put onto the page by the printer/browser and you can't control the behavior of those from your website.

If I was printing a page from a website, I wouldn't want someone doing that anyway if they could. Having the url allows me to easily know where exactly the printed page is from in case I forget later on.

is there any way to change the browser settings by scripts..

i have given a online link to my local application which contains htaccess file,but now the online link is not working..is there any resolution....

I need to press Alt+F+V button using scripts..anyone kindly help me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.