how to hide a url while printing a web page using scriptts...but not manually altering the settings of browser

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by bangar

Web Development

Next time maybe use a more descriptive thread title?

You can't, it's a browser or printer setting.

Shouldn't you be able to use a print media CSS doc to display:none your URLs?

Shouldn't you be able to use a print media CSS doc to display:none your URLs?

I think he means the URL that is printed on top/bottom of the page as the source, and not those inside the document.

Mr EvolutionFallen...what Mr pritaeas has said is the exact question to which i am looking answer for..will u now able to answer for it...i like to hide the url while printing the web page..

what Mr pritaeas has said is the exact question to which i am looking answer for..will u now able to answer for it

pritaeas also already gave you the correct answer

You can't, it's a browser or printer setting.

The answer was "no".

Again, this is put onto the page by the printer/browser and you can't control the behavior of those from your website.

If I was printing a page from a website, I wouldn't want someone doing that anyway if they could. Having the url allows me to easily know where exactly the printed page is from in case I forget later on.

is there any way to change the browser settings by scripts..

i have given a online link to my local application which contains htaccess file,but now the online link is not working..is there any resolution....

I need to press Alt+F+V button using scripts..anyone kindly help me

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.