I am thinking of doing the forum, I have downloaded the phpbb and Lussumo Vanilla, but I dont know how can I start doing with it, can anyone teach me, what is the first step of doing it? is there any web site teaching people how to do it? thanks !

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

The help pages for those respective applications will have details of where to start, and probably tutorials on installation, too.

I am thinking of doing the forum, I have downloaded the phpbb and Lussumo Vanilla, but I dont know how can I start doing with it, can anyone teach me, what is the first step of doing it? is there any web site teaching people how to do it? thanks !

There should be an installation guide that comes with phpBB. Please read it first.

1. Open your phpmyadmin

2. create a new database, along with password

3. unzip the phpbb.zip in the folder say "forum".

4. upload the forum to your webserver

5. chmod the config.php to 777

6. open the link www.yourwebsite.com/forum/install in your browser

7. fill the password and email add.

8. you are ready to go [don't forget to delete "install" & "contrib" folders]

you are ready to go.

: ]
b4codes

Some website providers provide a PHPBB installer integrated in their site. My provider (Migis Net Host -- yes, this is a plug) does. It's quite easy, click on install, check the default options and change them if needed, and click the action button. A few minutes later, it's done.

Obviously when user is saying "I have downloaded the phpbb and Lussumo Vanilla" he is installing himself.

: ]

B4codes

Some website providers provide a PHPBB installer integrated in their site. My provider (Migis Net Host -- yes, this is a plug) does. It's quite easy, click on install, check the default options and change them if needed, and click the action button. A few minutes later, it's done.

Yes, but I've been known to download and attempt to install something (or start reading the readme) before I find there's a much easier way. ;-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.