I want to send and receive email. Plz tell me how to create a Webmail for this

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

do you need your app to send and email, or are you trying to do a whole email interface to check email, send email, etc?

I want to create an interface to receive email from my POP3 mail account. Or a Interface like Yahoomail & Gmail.

Imports system.web.mail
Imports system.web.mail.SmtpMail
Public class webform1
 Inherits System.web.UI.Page
Private sub btnsend_Click(ByVal sender As system.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handlesbtnsend.Click
 Dim ObjMail As New MailMessage
 dim a as MailAttachment = New MailAttachment("C:\a.jpg")
 objMail.Attachments.Add(a)
 Try
  objMail = New MailMessage
  objMail.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Text
  objMail.To = txtto.Text
  objMail.From = txtfrom.Text 
  objMail.Subject = txtsubject.Text 
  objMail.Body = txtbody.Text 

SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "127.0.0.1"
  SmtpMail.Send(objMail)
  lblmsg.Text="OK"
 Catch ex as Exception

Dim mm as String = ex.Message.ToString
  lblmsg.Text = mm
 End Try
End Sub
End Class

You can send email using the above code and for recieving the emails you need to have another software....

Hi my name is mat...
i have found out a way to do this...
see me and my team hosting a site... called snipped .

we are allowing people to create the our webmail add users yadda yadda yadda

this service happens to be free... the umm only problem is... that you may not recieve mail from people out side of your domain name (eg user@website.com) some emails may take at least a day to send. there is only one last stop left on our site untill we create another webmail account server... so we recomend you use this service, you can add templates, pictures, logos and best of all NO ADDS!

to do this you must do either two things:
create one on our domain (eg. )
create one on your own domain name (in this you will need your email address) (eg.
http://yourdomain.com/emaildomain.html)

When doing this it will take up to 64 hours to complete your Sign Up For snipped and your email account. so just sign and wait 3 days. you will recieve a email when your account has been successfully created.

to do all of this please go to:

Yours Truly
snipped Team

can i now asses my box?

what can i do

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.