Hi there,

I'm new to the forums and a programming novice.

I've set up a CDOSYS form to email (a newsletter sign-up) and I'm trying to get my form field data to display on separate lines after the form has been processed - like the following:

Name: [value]
Company: [value]
Email: [value]
Subscribe: [value]
Unsubscribe: [value]

Here's the piece of the code I'm having trouble with:

with oCdoMail
.Subject = "Newsletter Request"
.TextBody = Name: Request.Form("Name") & vbCrLf & "
Company: & Request.Form("Company") & vbCrLf & "
Email: & Request.Form("Email") & vbCrLf & "
Subscribe: & Request.Form("Subscribe") & vbCrLf & "
Unsubscribe: & Request.Form("Unsubscribe")
end with

Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated. I'm going nuts (easy to do as a non-programmer).

gilroda

I figured it out. Here's the working code:

with oCdoMail
.TextBody = "Name: " & request.form("Name") & vbcrlf & "Company: " & request.form("Company") & vbcrlf & "Email: " & request.form("Email") & vbcrlf & "Subscribe: " & request.form("Subscribe") & vbcrlf & "Unsubscribe: " & request.form("Unsubscribe")
end with

Store all the values in a variable and then show them on the page. This would be easy to use and update at later stages.

I figured it out. Here's the working code:

with oCdoMail
.TextBody = "Name: " & request.form("Name") & vbcrlf & "Company: " & request.form("Company") & vbcrlf & "Email: " & request.form("Email") & vbcrlf & "Subscribe: " & request.form("Subscribe") & vbcrlf & "Unsubscribe: " & request.form("Unsubscribe")
end with

Hi,
this works great, but any ideas how to change the colour of the text such as changing "Name: " so it appears up in orange in the email sent.
Thanks, Matt

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.