'Create DB

SQLCreate.CommandText = "CREATE TABLE test (ID integer NOT NULL)"
SQLCreate.Connection = Conn
Conn.ConnectionString = "Data
Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\RBD.mdf;Integrated
Security=True;Connect Timeout=30;User Instance=True"
DA.SelectCommand = SQLCreate
DA.Fill(DS)

the code works perfectly... but i dont know where the created table is??? when i open the sql server from Visual Studio.net 2005 it shows that the table test is there but when i close it and run microsoft sql 2005 i didn't find the table there!!!!!!!!! i restarted the pc and check again..the table is there in vs2005 but still not in microsoft sql 2005

even if i run the application and pess the button again it tells me that the table test is already there??!!!! so why it is not shown in microsoft sql server 2005??

what is the issue here? i want to save the table as a permenent table not temporary one

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

hi... i create a new table with this code

Dim SQLCreate As New SqlCommand
Dim Conn As New SqlConnection
Dim DA As New SqlDataAdapter
Dim DS As New Data.DataSet

'Create DB

SQLCreate.CommandText = "CREATE TABLE test (ID integer NOT NULL)"
SQLCreate.Connection = Conn
Conn.ConnectionString = "Data
Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\RBD.mdf;Integrated
Security=True;Connect Timeout=30;User Instance=True"
DA.SelectCommand = SQLCreate
DA.Fill(DS)

the code works perfectly... but i dont know where the created table is??? when i open the sql server from Visual Studio.net 2005 it shows that the table test is there but when i close it and run microsoft sql 2005 i didn't find the table there!!!!!!!!! i restarted the pc and check again..the table is there in vs2005 but still not in microsoft sql 2005

even if i run the application and pess the button again it tells me that the table test is already there??!!!! so why it is not shown in microsoft sql server 2005??

what is the issue here? i want to save the table as a permenent table not temporary one

Hello, I am Embeza from Ethiopia.
This is my first time to this forum,

I am a begginer of database programming,

To your problem, I suggest that you add the conn.open()
conn.close() SQLCreate.dispose, DA.DataBind()(this is after the
code DA.Fill(DS)).
If i am not right please correct me
Thank you

hi embeza

thx for replying to me... i appreciate your helping

but there is no need for conn.open() and conn.close() because when you use the dataset its automatically open the connection and close it

but i think is that DA.DataBind()

i'll try it and thanks alot for ur comments :)

which database are you looking in when you open sql and don't see it?
I'm guessing that you are creating the table on the default database for that user, instead of the database you are looking at. try master or one of the other databases

which database are you looking in when you open sql and don't see it?
I'm guessing that you are creating the table on the default database for that user, instead of the database you are looking at. try master or one of the other databases

Hello again Mr. infinity,
I am Embeza.

I would like to know the meaning of the ConnectionString= "Data......."
I just dont know the DataSource,AttachDbFileName...."
Can you help plZZ.
With regard

What you are doing is still not correct. You are passing a Select Command Object a Create Table Statement and then trying to fill a dataset (a SELECT query result set, which you are not doing) with the result.

There is logically no reason you should ever create a table from the front end. The table should already exist in the Database.

hi sorry to be late i didnt have time check the site...

Campkev:

that was the first thing i did...i search in the master and the other database but i didnt find the table i created.

Embeza:

emmm am not very good at explaining but i'll try... actually you are declearing an sqlconnection to establish a connection to the sql database... the connection string include the data source for example if it is from sqlexpress or another version... the attachdbname is the database am using in my project whitch is named RBD in my project... you have other things like integrated security and what is the connection timeout

if am mistaken or not clear i hope that someone explain in better way to embeza.

Paladine:

do you know the correct code to do it ??...its been 3 weeks since am trying to perform this.... in my project i need to create table at the front-end coz each created table will be defferent than the other one, upon to the end-user request...thats why i cant work on an existing table because i dont know what are the tables the end-users want to create.

thx paladine am going though the site

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.