Hi guys, as I'm fairly new to visual studio and asp.net, I might be missing something really obvious here...basically I have created a CSS file which is referenced in the aspx file (I dragged the css file from the project to my aspx file). Then I created another aspx file and done the same thing and I have modified the css file, making some additions. After saving it and ctrlf5'ing I noticed that the css changes didn't go through. So, if I open the css file in visual studio I can see these changes but when I check in the browser they aren't there. Thinking I've made a mistake I went View Source in the browser and the changes are definitely not in the CSS, but I can see them when I open the file in visual...any idea?
thanks

75b0c444cc3066123cdae5255c9d1142 and referenced it on my aspx file, and it w

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Sounds like the browser caching issue?

If I can suggest... You may want to first create a master page. The master page is a special asp.net page that is going to help you set up a consistent look and feel and this page will contain the stylesheet and "wrapper" for your site.

you're right, it was, I closed the application and reopened it and it worked. master pages? Do you know any elementary tutorial specifically about master pages?
thanks

thanks

... you can usually refresh by hitting F5.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.