Hello Daniweb Community,
I was wondering if someone could help me with the PayPal PHP SDK (version 1.3.2), I'm just going off the examples they have provided here focusing on this I was just wondering if there is a way to attach delivery instructions (coming from the website, sending them to the API).

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I haven't used the PayPal API's before, but looking at the samples provided I don't see that they have an API for shipping/delivery instructions. They have objects for shipping info (address, type, costs, etc). You will likely need to invent that wheel yourself, or find an API that supports it. Do note that you will have the source code for these objects, such as shipping_info_object which you could extend with little work.

FWIW, the PayPal API is very clean and straight-forward.

Ok well can anyone help me with using a different payment method I see here you can change the payment method to something like 'alternate_payment' but when I try to use that method I just get this error

Array
(
    [name] => VALIDATION_ERROR
    [details] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [field] => payer
                    [issue] => For credit_card payment method, the supported funding instrument is credit_card or cardit_card_token 
                )

)

[message] => Invalid request - see details
    [information_link] => https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/#VALIDATION_ERROR
)

Also I've just updated to the newest version of the PayPal SDK which is 1.7.1

Ok so as mentioned here there is a way to add a note to the payer, the transaction is going through but the note it's appearing on either accounts not even in the notifications on the developers dashboard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.